Thursday, January 24, 2008

My siblings are brilliant- Part 1, "My sister, the metamorphagus"

My 13-year old sister Emma is one of the most brilliant people I know.

When she got this past Monday off from school, what did she do? Go to the mall like most 13-year old girls? Lock herself in her room all day and read like I did when I was 13?

Guys, she makes a movie. And not just any movie. In "Merriweather Mallone- The Brilliant Riddler", Emma does this really fun  Jane Austeny/Bronte-sisters-esque/Litte Women-ish styled short about a young women who beats all odds to become a published riddle-writer.

This is exactly as wonderful and hilarious as it sounds.

Okay, but this is the really amazing part-- Emma plays ALL the parts herself, Peter Sellers-style. The young heroine, the blustery publisher, the tuberculosis-ridden mother,the silly best friend, the dashing love interest, everything--- and she plays them all reallysuperfreaking well.

This is how this video is going to make you a smarter, better person. You're going to watch this seven minute video and be like "Holycowohmyword, this girl is 13 and she is rocking it. I better get my act together so I can have a prayer of being nearly as cool as her." And then you will worker triple-times as hard to rock it and then you will be a smarter better person.




Back soon with Part 2 of "My siblings are brilliant," "My brother and the "new Sudoku."

Even though I can't play a million-bajillion different characters, the one character I can play is...

Affectionately Yours,
Kit